CUNY students, faculty, and staff may request circulating books and CDs from the collections of other CUNY libraries through a service called CLICS.
CLICS is limited to current students, faculty and staff at CUNY for whom a current patron record exists in the CUNY library system. They MUST have a valid electronic mail address.
Any circulating book or CD determined to be in good condition by the lending library.
Journals, reserve, reference, special collection, and archive materials as determined by the lending library.
- A REQUEST cannot be placed on an item held at the user’s home library.
- If the requested item is on the shelf and available for loan, the lending library responds “Yes” and ships the book ASAP to the CUNY library pick-up location.
- The item is delivered within a few business days via a delivery service which makes daily deliveries to designated CUNY libraries.
- When the item arrives at the CUNY library selected by the user, an e-mail notice is automatically sent to the patron's email address on record. This is generally your QCC email account.
- The book is placed on the HOLD shelf for approximately 10 days.
- If the book is not picked up from the HOLD shelf, it is returned to the lending library.
- If the book is not on the shelf, the lending library deletes or cancels the HOLD. A HOLD cancellation letter is sent to the user. The patron is free to request or place a HOLD on the book if it is available at another CUNY library.
Circulation and overdue fine policies of the lending library apply.
Patrons may renew the book in MY Account in OneSearch as long as the item is not already overdue or there is not another patron requesting the book.
*For additional assistance, please see the Circulation staff at the QCC Library Check Out Desk or call (718) 631-6227.