Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Creating a Bibliography
RefWorks will create a bibliography of references for you. You may create a bibliography of all of your references, of references in a specific folder, or of a temporary list of references you've chosen (My List).
- Click on located under the toolbar, near the top of the page.
- Choose your Output Style (or citation style, such as MLA 7th or APA 6th) from the dropdown menu. You may also preview the style by clicking on "Preview Output Style."
- Next, choose the File Type from the dropdown menu near the bottom of the screen (i.e. a Word file, an HTML file, etc.).
- Choose the References to Include - either all the references you have, or references from a specific folder.
- Click on Create Bibliography located at the bottom, right-hand side of the page.
- Your bibliography is automatically created in the style and file type you chose; however, be sure to proofread and save your bibliography.