Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
New York Film Society News Feed
Senses of Cinema News Feed
Senses of Cinema
Bright Lights Film Journal
Internet Movie Database
Movie Review Query Engine
The Film Society of Lincoln Center
Sight And Sound
The World Wide Web offers access to an enormous amount of information. As a researcher it is important to critically evaluate the information found. Here are a few points to consider:
- Who created the site?
- What credentials qualifies them to write on the topic?
- Is the information accurate when checked against other sources?
- Is the information free from errors?
- Is the information fact or opinion?
- Is the author affliated with an organization, and if so, how might that impact his/her views?
- Is the publication date clearly stated?
- Is it state when the site was last updated and/or revised?