Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
After the library session, you will be able to:
- know the differences between popular periodicals and scholarly journals
- evaluate web resources
- conduct research in the library databases
- give credits properly in MLA
TigerCard to Rule Them All
With your TIGERCARD, you can:
- print in the Library and Academic Computing Center
- make copies in the Library
- check out textbooks & laptops to use in the Library
- access Library resources off campus
The New York Times Academic Pass
QCC students, faculty, and staff can create a New York Times account and view articles free of charge.
Use your Tigermail credential: Username@tigermail.qcc.cuny.edu
After creating an account, log onto tigermail to confirm by clicking on the URL
Download the free New York Times mobile app on your smart phone. Click here to register
Understand Your Assignment
You should understand your assignment before conducting research.
When is the assignment due?
How many sources are needed?
How many pages are required?
What style format should you use?